Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Sewing Between the Storms


I has been a day of thunderstorms off and on here
... and another is fast approaching.

I turn the power strip off on my machine and my computer
before the storms and leave them off until I am sure the
threat of lightning has passed.

Many years ago I recall a strike to a pole outside our house on the hill that 
sent a burst of energy through the line into our house and punched a three way hole in a lightbulb on a lamp that was left on.

I am not afraid of thunder, lightning or the dark.

I just do not want my sewing machine knocked out of commission.

I hear a distant rumble.

Time to say gooodnight.

Be safe and happy sewing. 


1 comment:

claudia said...

I love a good thunder storm! On the hand, I don't love a good thunder storm, because it stops everything. Unplugging is good for us though. I guess it's nature's way of saying SLOW DOWN!
Loving Block #38!