Friday, June 14, 2019

Going to the Seashore ~ In My Mind


Anytime I think about the sun and sand and water
it is like I have been

Going To Carolina In My Mind ~ James Taylor

It is still very cool here in the northeast.
The water is bone chilling cold.
But I can remember warmer days and warmer sands.

Tonight I am thinking of summers at the shore
and am sewing summer quilts in my mind.


This is a fabric panel.
Coastal Living by Michael Miller Fabrics
It has been in my stash since circa 2010.
I posted it here ... Here
But I never did cut it.
That mystery quilt was never made.
I think it was because I just could not cut the fabric.


I have collected quite a stash of seashore and beach themed fabrics.
In my stash I even have a stack of beachy 10" squares from a swap.


I dived into my fabric closet and pulled out these tonight.

I have enough of the Nautical Flag fabric for the backing and more.

I have plenty of the yellow sand fabric for the background.

The red and blue and yellow tonal fabrics have gone into many blocks and quilts.

The three fabrics on the right are relatively new.


They are from
A Whale of a Time by Sarah Prosser for Studio E Fabrics
There is a free pattern for this quilt in the link.


There is also a free pattern for this quilt Here.

I am getting ready to sew summer at the seashore quilts this year.

In my sewing studio ... not in my mind.


This stack is for the


Moda Bake Shop At the Seashore 


Sailing Flag Layout Pattern

I am also planning a real trip to the beaches of Maine this summer
and hope to include the


Maine Quilts Show

... and stop at as favorite few quilt shops

... and eat seafood on the dock

... and put my toes in the water.

What are your sewing plans this summer?


1 comment:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Ah great ideas. I don't have a lot of sewing in mind, but lots of traveling and some seashore. Oh and Maine again definitely, this time I am dragging my parents along.