Thursday, June 20, 2019

I Like Thursday Post # 16 ~ Simple Gifts


I like these blocks.


They arrived with these Happy Swap Blocks in the mail this week.

The theme for the Happy Block Lotto was "flowers"
but my friend Meg decided to add birds and bird houses to my garden of blocks.
They make me smile.


Here are the real birds in my garden.
I snapped this shot through my kitchen window 
of Mr and Mrs Cardinal on my feeder.
Mr Cardinal was feeding his lady.
She is looking expectantly for the next treat. 
I moved this flat open feeder to the plant hangar  by the window 
and this was my reward.
Cardinals are ground feeders or like plank or open feeders. 


The coral rose is blooming and climbing up the trellis.
This was another bargain rose bush a few years ago.

These simple things that give me joy.


This is one of my favorite versions of this song.

I actually have a playlist that has several versions of this Aaron Copland tune. 

Since today is Thursday,

I will be sharing the simple gifts of the life and times of the




Later this morning  I will be sharing my version of a simple sewing project
which will be featured on 


So if you are an early riser, y'all come back later.

Happy Thursday!  

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely "likes" this week; those coral roses are so beautiful thanks for sharing hugs, Julierose

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! What a nice surprise to find these pretty blocks in the mail. I think both centers will go perfectly with your flower theme. LOVE that shot of the cardinals. I didn't know they like flatter surfaces from which to feed - I'm definitely a novice bird watcher. My hummingbird feeder seems to be a hit though as I've just refilled it for the fifth time. I'm excited about that! ~smile~ Roseanne

PaintedThread said...

What fun blocks - how nice to add the birds. I love watching/listening to the birds around here. Your coral rose is breathtaking!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I enjoyed your post about simple gifts this morning, Pat! Those Happy Blocks are fun and sweet, and I love the photo of the cardinals. We don't get them here, so it's fun to see your view. The pillow and carry bag you made with the Kindred Spirits fabric are just great! I think I need to order some of that fabric! :)

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great likes. Love the feeder, and the birds. Oh the rose is gorgeous.

LA Paylor said...

great cardinal shot! The coral rose is gorgeous. We had cardinals in MD but I don't see them in CO. Lots of black birds, and doves/pigeons. ick.