Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Happy Scrappy Prize Pattern Day!


Here is my Block 1 for my new scrappy quilt!

The pattern is 




I love this scrap friendly star pattern.


was one of the sponsors of the



and I was a lucky winner.

I sew for fun and not for prizes, but two new patterns to sew is fun, fun, fun.

So I went on a mini shopping spree and picked my two prize patterns






I love the fact I can use small strip scraps in the center of the Magnitudes Star block
and scrap stash for the rest of the block pieces.


I will be working on this quilt while I am sewing other projects.

I love to pick up and sew a scrap block or two as I go along.

My other prize pattern pick was this gorgeous




This is a foundation pieced pattern and very detailed.

I have seen these beautiful snowflake blocks online and
this pattern has been on my to-do list.

I am sew lucky to now have the pattern.

Since I am very much a seasonal sewist, 
I will not be working on these blocks until the snow flies.
Winter in New England can be long, though, and I have plenty of blue snow fabrics
and a beautiful white tone-on-tone snowflake fabrics for the snowflakes.
So I will have plenty of fabric and time this winter
to work on these blocks.

Thank you to 


and


 for making this a happy day
and a wonderful quiltalong! 


2 comments:

Material Girl said...

Love the snowflakes. They took me forever but I made a tablerunners with 3 of them, surrounded by magestic mountain blocks(??). Love it,need to quilt it. The snowflakes are truly gorgeous!

Calicojoan said...

Oh my gosh...I LOVE that block! It's giving me some fun ideas.