Tuesday, June 11, 2019


Here are my Clue 2 Units for the


I am really enjoying this fun and easy quiltalong.

This is the main forum page: 


As is my preference, I did not draw lines as instructed.


I cut my squares in half and chain pieced them together.


Then  I nested the HSTs together and carefully aligned my Strip Tube ruler
on the seam and cut these on the diagonal.


I matched and nested my center seams and used one pin to hold them in
place until they were going under the needle.


I used the Tula Pink 4.5" fussy cut ruler
that was in a recent Sew Sampler Box to square my units.
It was the perfect ruler for centering and trimming
my hour glass units.
I did the first one on my sewing machine bed cutting mat
before I cut and sewed the rest.

Then I cut and chain sewed the rest of the units,
pressed and took them over to my high cutting table to trim
and square the rest of my hourglasses.

My hour glass units came out perfect.

Add them to 


... and I wonder what I will get ??

I am looking forward to the next clue.

Are you sewing along? 




1 comment:

KaHolly said...

It’s a rare morning that blogger cooperates and lets me comment, so I’m taking advantage and visiting all my favorite bloggers! No, I’m not sewing along. I seldom do any more. I can count on one hand how many QALs I’ve kept up with, and finished. Guess you can say I learned the hard way. Yours is going to be wonderful! Keep up the good work!