Saturday, June 15, 2019

Following the Beothuk Star



My Beothuk Star is shining bright today. 





with this lovely 



I played around with the fat quarters and yardage I had 
until I came up with this plan for Version 3.




I  played with the fabric and the layout because I wanted to 
use a square of the sea glass shards on white in the center on my stars.
It also required me to sew the quilt into three sections:
 a top section and bottom section
and a center strip. 

When I studied the layout above I decided to add some of the white
 to frame the dark blue center .


I achieved this by sewing sew and flip squares to the blue background corners,
giving this a "star in a square" look.


I really like the focal point this adds to the center of the quilt.


I also decided to "float" the stars by adding an inner border strip 
of the white glass shard fabric.


When I added the outer border, I added star points
with sew and flip corners to the blue background strips.


I am really happy with how this quilt top looks!

I am linking up my completed to the


There are some very inspiring finishes in the links.

for this wonderful pattern and quilt along! 

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

This is the prettiest fabric, and I love the ideas you had for adding your own touch to the pattern! Your version of Beothuk Star is beautiful, Pat!

Laura said...

Very pretty quilt top. All I need to do with mine is a photo. Too windy today.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! This fabric really shines in this quilt top. There is no way you could have gone wrong as the fabrics are gorgeous, but I love the shards as the centers of most of the blocks. And then the dark blue center star is equally stunning. Really nice job, Pat. ~smile~ Roseanne

Tracie @ Riceford Streams said...

I like how you adapted the pattern to suit your beautiful fabrics.

KaHolly said...

Absolutely lovely! It will be sew appreciated, and loved forever!

piecefulwendy said...

That little twist is so pretty and makes the quilt uniquely your own! the colors are so lovely!

Sandra Walker said...

Well aren't you a clever clogs as my mum would quip! I love your changes, and you cannot go wrong with sea glass anything IMHO! This turned out just gorgeously, and I will be watching to see how you quilt this beauty. Thank you so much for joining my QAL!