Saturday, June 8, 2019

It's a Happy Block Day!


These are the first of many swap blocks that are arriving in my mailbox
in lovely squishie envelopes.


I posted about this  winner take all block lotto
 Here
and these were the blocks I made for the lucky winner of this months drawing.

Well guess what?

 I was the lucky winner!


Here are the cutting instructions I posted for making these 8.5" blocks.

I will be have about 30 blocks to make my quilt
This would give me a quilt about 45" by 54"
with no sashing or border.

I am thinking I would like a larger lap size quilt.

So I have decided on a setting that will add narrow white borders 
and then an outer border to make a block variation
of this block ...




I have always wanted to make a Garden Fence Quilt.

This seems like the perfect time and use of my lovely


Here are the Happy Blocks that arrived today!

I have the start of a wonderful floral garden quilt

Oh, Happy Block Day!

No comments: