Thursday, June 6, 2019

I Like Thursday ~ Post # 15 ~ I Like Coffee


I  like to greet every morning early with a good cup of coffee.


Harley likes to enjoy it with me.


Harley is our friendly local ground hog.

This photo was taken earlier in the week when it was actually sunny.
Not today.
Today it has been raining off and on all night and right now it is deluging.


This is not keeping Harley, the Squirrels and the Birds away
from the feeder under the trees.
The hog is hogging here.
The squirrels will not come down when he is there.
They must be in awe of the bigger rodent.
The sparrows just flit in and out as sparrows will do.


My coffee of choice is a nice hot steamed milk and frothed latte.


It takes about five minutes to make this and you can use any kind of milk.

Pour about a 1/4 cup ...  about an inch in the bottom of my small pitcher.


Cover it with a paper towel and nuke it in the microwave for 45 seconds.
You could also heat it in an pan on the stove
but I am in a hurry to get my morning cuppa,
so this works for me.


Froth it by using one of these battery powered milk frothers.

Mine is old and came with a hot chocolate maker my daughter gave me years ago as a gift.

You can find   Frothers on Amazon


My favorite milk is this old fashioned, returnable glass bottle whole milk
from a dairy in our neighboring town.


Shaw Farms in Dracut, MA
It tastes just like the milk I grew up with.
They also make the best ice cream in the area.
It is nice to still have real working farms in our area.



This makes the frothiest cup of latte ... mmmmmm!

Since I like coffee and I like quilts,
I am enjoying this new



Coffee and Quilts Mystery Quilt @ QATW

I am making the wall-hanging size.
Clue 1 was easily done.
Clue 2 cutting comes out tomorrow.
Good time to find some fabric and start sewing along ... :-)



I liked this book.
It had been sitting ignored on my nightstand for a month or more,
but I have had more reading time
so I finished it last night with a cup of decaf.
 I like the fact that wearing this brace has reduced my wrist pain.


I Like To Sew!

I cannot show more of this project yet as it is for a blog hop.


I like my hubby's new attempt at farming in the city
with these planters he is putting in a sunny spot in our driveway.
He calls them "Patio Pickers" and says this is the brand name.
He also bought some kind of net to put over them
to keep Harley and the critters away.
We have bunnies at night, too.
Hope it works.


We actually got a yummy snack of fresh homegrown strawberries yesterday.
Mmmmmmm!
We will have more when the sun shines again.

Oh,  My!

As I typed this the light suddenly streamed in my window!


The sun just broke through the clouds in my backyard.

Oh,  Happy Day!

On that note I shall finish up my post and go share it with the


I Like Thursday Bloggers @ Not Afraid of Color

and see what happy posts they are sharing today.

Have a Happy Day!


8 comments:

Suzanne said...

I like the Birds in the Air book too. I am looking forward to the sequel this year. Lovely strawberries.

Julierose said...

Oh thanks for that frother info--I am definitely going to do this, too; I am a coffee lover...
We had a groundhog visit us early in the spring and it (he/she??) used to sit on a big rock in our backyard...haven't seen it lately--but we have foxes running here --i don't know if they would pursue a groundhog or not...
You are not far from me, I live on the SE Ct shoreline...my hubby is from Pittsfield, MA...thanks for sharing your likes, Hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like coffee first thing in the morning, too! I have a frother like that, but haven't used it in a long time - wonder where I put it? :) Harley the hedgehog is a hoot - I love that he hangs out in your yard! Looks like your patio planters are working well!

PaintedThread said...

I like those plant covers. You'll have to tell me if they work to keep out the critters. I like Harley, but boy, he's big!! I also like your little coffee blocks. :-)

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love the plant covers. I need to do that with my few cherries, and strawberries too. I have a ground hog that we are on chatting terms too. The sun broke through today also so I got some gardening done. Sewing in the morning, gardening in the afternoon.

Farm Quilter said...

How wonderful for you to have a local dairy!! I remember getting my milk delivered twice a week when my kids were young, but not in the glass bottles!! Dairy farmers are having a hard time of it with the milk prices so low compared to the cost of feeding the cows.

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

What beautiful healthy plants! I like those little coffee blocks, too.

LA Paylor said...

I liked that book a lot. Let's have a cup of coffee and talk about it. Her latest is vignettes of quilters, but I've not read it yet. My adoptive mother's family owned a dairy. She used to tell stories about her brothers delivering milk.