Friday, June 7, 2019

Welcome to Pinkerville ~ Home of Fabric and Flowers


Welcome to Pinkerville today!

I am sewing along with





This is a

Click on the link above for the 
free pattern pdf. download and the video link
and all the info you need to sew along!


I am using 


I found my


This cream background fabric is my second favorite fabric in this line. 


This is my favorite!
I am not really a purple person.
This periwinkle is my favorite shade.
Add the lime and the tiny touch of yellow in the flora and fauna.
I am in fabric heaven. 
This fabric glows!
My photo does not do it justice.


I am working on the 12.5" blocks now.


I am finding this long
Add-A-Quarter Ruler
invaluable while making these blocks.

If you wish to use this easy to sew-by-number method
you will need these



Pineapple Papers @ Fat Quarter Shop

I love them because I can make precise blocks by sewing on the pre-printed lines,
a big help to me with my vision issues.


I am also finding that I need my large light box to properly see
the placement of these fabrics.


Here is one of the 6.5" Pineapple paper blocks I have made.
I started this quilt Here in April.
I am just starting the 12.5" blocks
It is time to get 'er done.

It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood.


My clematis is full of big purple star blooms and is growing up my trellis,
I am really happy because this is thriving in a place that is hard to get anything to grow
because of how narrow the space is between the parch and the wall in our driveway.

This was a $2.99 plant a few years back from Walmart 
and there was one hot summer it got too dry while I was away. 
I am so happy to see it happy.

Someone once told me that clematis like
"their feet in the shade and their heads in the sun."

This may be true as this spot gets early morning sun, then is shaded by our neighbor's house and then gets sun on only the upper part of the trellis in the afternoon.
This photo was taken during its midday shade.

Do you see the color similarities in the Pinkerville floral 
and the colors in my clematis?

I just noticed this as I published this post.

Must be why I love that fabric. 

May you and yours have a happy day.

I will be gardening and sewing and my hubby says he wants to go out to a favorite lunch spot.


Then back to sewing in my sunny happy place.


Hope to see you sewing along with the happy 
Pineapple Day Quilters!

Oh, happy day ... :-) 

3 comments:

Julierose said...

Love Tula's Pinkerville;))) but....I already have waaay too much fabric to use up...;(((
Anyway--I love that clematis' colors--and it does look like your 2nd fave fabric...have a great weekend hugs, Julierose

KaHolly said...

A tempting QAL! If I had as pretty a jelly roll as you, I’d jump right in!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! I just LOVE that background fabric you are using. It looks so very pretty, and your block is fab. That clematis is one happy flowering plant. I have heard the same thing - that they don't like their feet to get hot at all. I have tried and tried to grow them to no avail, but I sure do admire them when friends are successful. ~smile~ Roseanne