Tuesday, January 9, 2024

First Quilt Block 2024

 


My first quilt block for 2024 is done!

This is block one of sixteen for the 

Corinne & Cecile 2024 QAL Challenge

which I introduced on my Saturday post.


My fabric choices took a curve in the journey

when it came time for cutting.

I may still use some of the original choice fabrics,

but I have decided to use this blue background and white and black print

for the bee wings.  The rest of the bee blocks will be scrappy gray and yellow prints.

All these fabrics are from my stash.

The block pattern is a free one from Tilda's World:

Free Bee Block from Tilda's World

I love all the wonderful

Free Patterns @ Tilda's World

It is gray and cold and another winter storm is arriving later this afternoon.

This storm is forecast to start with snow and change to rain and wintery mix.

Another good day to stay in and sew and stitch.


May you and yours be safe and well whatever your weather.


Hugs & Stitches.



1 comment:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your bee is very cute. I have that same blue fabric, happy stitching!