Sunday, January 14, 2024

Sunday Sewing ~ Vintage Flower Sampler Quilt

 


Today has been a happy Sunday. 

I decided to cut some of my treasured ...

Atsuko Matsutyama Fabric ~ Posted Here

This block is from my copy of the 


Vintage Flower Sampler Quilt Book by Atsuko Matsuyama

I love the fabric and projects from this talented Japanese quilt artist. 


This is the Rolling Stones block. 

I am very happy with how this block worked up.

I am not sure if I would have taken this big step today had not posted my fabrics is a private Facebook Group devoted to this quilter and her patterns and fabric. I received a lot of encouragement from the kind group members.

Most likely, I am slowly going to work my way through the traditional pieced blocks and then think about trying to sew the applique ones.

I am feeling good about cutting and sewing some of my fabric treasures.

More blocks (hopefully) soon.

~~~

Here also is my Tree Block for today. 

The temperatures here are dropping and we have had a significant wind chill factor.

The bitterly cold weather from the middle of the country is moving eastward.

I expect I will be cutting some new colors of fabric in the coming days.


Despite the cold, it has been a lovely weekend here in the Scrapatch,

where I have been cooking and baking,

sharing family time with our sons and watching the football playoff games,

as well as play time with my sewing machine.


May you and yours stay well and warm and have a good week.



1 comment:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love your fabrics, so bright and happy! The quilt is going to be so beautiful! Happy stistching!