Saturday, January 20, 2024

Vintage Flower Sampler Quilt ~ Block 2



Late last evening, I finished the second block for my



So now I have two blocks.

I am thinking to frame each block with a white tone of tone and sash with a red/pink print.  I may make nine patches as the sashing posts.

These are busy blocks, in part because 30's reproduction fabrics are typically busy
and in part because sometimes 
I like a colorful jumble of fabrics and prints.


Here is my busy, busy Atsuko Matusuyama 30's Fabric Collection
all laid out on my cutting table.
I think I have another bundle of fat quarters somewhere in on of my closets.
I also have her other book, but that is among the missing right now, too. 

I bought the first book and first bundle at a quilt show many years ago,
because I do love 30's reproduction fabrics.
I did not realize at the time what a famous Japanese Quilt Artist she is
 and how hard these fabrics can be to find at a reasonable cost.
I did find some more at a special fabric sale jumble one year.
The rest was found here and there online. 

My collection is Fat 16ths, Fat 8ths, Fat Quarters 
and a few half yards.


I do love strawberries and strawberry fabrics ... <3 

May your Saturday be full of colorful fabric and threads.




1 comment:

Julierose said...

Just gorgeous fabrics and beautifully sewn blocks by you!!:)))) I love those 30's look fabrics--they are busy, but somehow also soft and charming...nice work hugs, Julierose