Friday, January 12, 2024

Joy ~ Fabric Collecting & Free Pattern Friday

To Sew or Not To Sew?

This is always the question with my fabric treasures.

This part of my stash is, literally, "from the Vault"

in my fabric closets.

As a lover of fabric, I freely confess to having

my own carefully curated fabric collection.


This book has also been in my private quilt library for some time,

while I decide if I will ever be equal to the task.


I am wondering if I should choose a simpler, more doable project for me.

I am also wondering if I should even think about taking on another project

 as I have so many "works in progress."


If I were to add one more to the endless list it would be this lovely free BOM ...



The first block is ready for download ... 

Joy in the Ordinary ~ January Block Here

I love Jenny's patterns and just reading her blog.



Click Here for more of Jenny's Free Patterns


I have saved the January block and am cross stitching as I dither

about this fabulous fabric and free pattern.


What about you?

Will you stitch and sew along, too?

~~~~~


Here is my little tree block for my Temperature Quilt for today.

Light Green Top ~ High of 45 degrees F 

Dark Green Trunk ~ Low of 30 degrees F

Mostly sunny and relatively mild today for January

~~~

Major Rainstorm Forecast for tomorrow.

Possible power outages due to high winds.

Local flood warning.

There is serious coastal flooding in the waterfront communities

 near us from the last storms.

~~~


May everyone stay safe ands well from the storms.  



3 comments:

Dorian said...

I, too, enjoy Jenny's projects and blog. I am not stitching along this time, but I love looking at her work. Stay dry and safe!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Jenny's free pattern/sew along is very pretty and small! But I'm not participating. Right now I'm focusing on the table runner. When that's finished, it's back to Dresdens! Happy stitching!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I so enjoyed your last post too as I love Tilda fabrics and that book with the Flower Samplers is one I will be chasing down. I also follow Jenny and she is so generous to share as she does. I've been using her dressing for salads for years now. I like how you have a beautiful fabric collection. I get a lot of pleasure in looking at the bits that I have. Happy stitching!