Saturday, January 27, 2024

Learning Hand Stitch Applique ~ One Day at a Time

 


Here is the layout for my 

Vintage Flower Sampler Quilt

Only the strawberry piece is prepped for stitching.

I washed out what I had done the previous day and started over. 



After a few attempts using the freezer paper technique

 that so many quilters online find tried and true,

 I eliminated the freezer paper.

I am using a brush to dampen the 1/4 inch seam allowance, 

letting it dry and become stiffened 

and then I am turning and pressing the edge under.

Tomorrow I hope to get the leaves prepped and ready

so I can begin hand stitching.

Hopefully this is going to work.

I will keep trying, if it does not.


After two days of rain and above freezing temperatures,

we have another snow storm arriving tonight and tomorrow

and the freezing temperatures are back.


May your weekend be happy and all be well in your quilty place.



1 comment:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Applique can be challenging to learn but once you do, you're hooked! When we moved, I found 5 kitted (my kits, not purchased) applique patterns with fabrics! This block is going to be very pretty, happy stitching!