Thursday, January 25, 2024

I Like Thursday ~ Learning Something New

 


I like learning and trying my hand at new things. 

One of the skills of quilt making has always eluded me ... Hand Applique.

By trial and error I leaned to do a nice machine applique.

Now it is time to apply the same effort toward hand stitched applique.

I want to make my own templates, too.


This is one of the new tools I am using is this




With this I have made a template set for the
Strawberries Block from the Vintage Flower Book.


So far I have the four large strawberry pieces cut 
and am preparing them for applique. 

I am still in the trial and error phase of seeing what method works best for me.

I do admit that I still feel all thumbs during this process.

I shall persevere.

Hand applique has long been on my quilty bucket list
and I decided it is going to be my challenge for 2024.

What are you working on this Thursday?

For more Thursday fun, visit my friends for the


May you have a happy day! 



3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Hand applique is like any other skill, the more you practice the better you become. Happy stitching!

Dorian said...

Good luck with your new endeavor my friend, and have fun. I'm sure you'll do a great job :)

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Caught up on your posts and so love all your projects you have on the go. You also have such pretty fabrics. Good luck with the applique. It is my favourite thing to be doing for slow stitching.