Thursday, January 18, 2024

I Like Thursday ~ One of Those Days


 Today is Thursday, 

so, therefore,

the day each week when I ruminate

 on that which brings me joy

and all those things, 

great and small,

for which I am grateful 

everyday. 


Today has also been one of those days,

when all of those things are in a muddle,

or a frozen puddle,

and nothing feels quite right

and the pieces to the puzzle do not fit

or go missing.

My mind gone wayward toward "what next?"

A day of mischances,

Mishap.



Even in my happy place,

my sewing corner,

sewing my easy little tree block,

I found myself reaching for my seam ripper

and a recut of little bias triangles.

Where there is usually sew, sew.

Everything seemed just so, so.

My face a frown.


Until  ...

I glanced to my right

 and there behind a notion,

laid aside and sideways,

blocking view of a shelf,

I saw that which I had mislaid

 and was seeking

... right there!

... peeking out at me 

... almost with a wink ...



... this stack of fabrics! 

I had been searching my stash closets for these for days

as I knew I had and want to add to my 

Vintage Flower Sampler Quilt

when they were sitting right next to my sewing machine,

not lost at all,

just waiting to be found.


I even have this  lovely selvage on 6 inch strip of fabric.


My day is blessed.

As always.

If only I would open my eyes and mind and heart to be ... 



3 comments:

Dorian said...

HUGS my friend, I hope today is a better day for you. But I'm so happy you found your fun fabrics :) Have a lovely day today.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I do that all the time, look for something and can't see it right in front of my face! Happy stitching!

Anonymous said...

I like this post for its happy ending :o)
Kathleen - kakingsbury at verizon dot net