Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Snowy Day Temperature Quilt Blocks


 Here is today's Temperature Block plus and Improve Snow Block.


Today the temperatures did not move out of the 20 degree range

 and the wind chill factor made is feel much colder.

It also snowed several inches.


Here is what I have decided for fabric colors for my little tree blocks ...

2024 Temperature Quilt -Color Chart

-20° and below … white

-11° to -19° … silver gray

0° to – 10°  … dark gray

1° to 9° … dark purple

10° to 19° … light purple

20° to 24° … dark blue

25° to 29° … light blue

30° to 32° … dark green

33° to 39° … light green

40° to 49° … light pink

50° to 59° … dark pink

70° to 79° … yellow

80° to 89° … orange

90° to 99° … bright red

100° to 109° … dark red

110° and above … brown


I am hoping to use many of my pretty Tilda Fabric prints in this quilt.

As I live in a temperate zone, I will use most of these colors

 and have a very colorful quilt.

I hope I do not use the two extreme cold or extreme heat ones,

which would be unusual. 



After I sewed my daily block, I decided to make a spacer type block for January.

This is very much a improv play block.

It is not an attempt to make a perfect block or one that will be duplicated.

If I make another snowflake block, it will be unique, as are all snowflakes.


I could not resist going out and taking a photo of my block on the snow 

on our back porch deck.

As the temperatures will be continuing to drop, 

tomorrows block may introduce and new color to my quilt. 


May you stay safe a warm and quilty.

Hugs & Stitches! 


1 comment:

Dorian said...

BRRR Pat, thats cold. We have thankfully warmed up some and have been in the 40s mostly. The dropped in air pressure and the humidity from all the rain is playing havoc with my arthritis though. I am not much of a Tilda person, but I do love that mint green/roses fabric, so very pretty! I'm enjoying watching your progression. Have a lovely day.