Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Stitching Progress ~ January 2nd

 


Here is my stitching progress today at tea time.

I am stitching the outer border of this pattern 
and will then finish the inner grid before starting the flower motifs.


Since the info on the pattern sheet is for 14 count aida 
and my vision needs is for the larger 11 count aida, 
I have to adjust for the difference.
Adjusting and placing the design properly in the fabric
 is always a trial and error process for me.

I am happy to report that my 18" by 21" piece of stash fabric
is a good size for the pattern.

The measurement for the outer border is
14" across and 15" down 
and the extra fabric borders are sufficient for my finishing plan.
I will have a small strip of aida on the bottom to save for 
a bookmark or other small project.

This makes me happy.

If you are interested is stitching this pattern yourself ...


The pattern ...

Flea Market Flowers Cross Stitch Pattern

 @ Fat Quarter Shop

... is on sale at the time of this posting.

I find these full color patterns from Lori Holt are very easy to read.


Hugs & Stitches! 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

2 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The pattern is very pretty! I'll enjoy watching your progress, happy stitching!

Anonymous said...

Knowing this now, I think I might order this pattern. It's so pretty! It will take me a while to collect the thread colors though. I think I have some that might work. I'm not sure if I have 11 count Aida; I might though. Thanks for sharing your progress.
Kathleen - kakingsbury at verizon dot net