Friday, January 26, 2024

My Temperature Tree Block ~ Free Block Pattern


Here is the cutting for this little Pine Tree Block

that I am sewing for my 2024 Temperature Quilt.


For the background, I cut 4" by WOF strips

and cut the triangles with these 

EZ Tri Rec Rulers by Darlene Zimmerman.

Then I cut 2" strips into 2" squares.

I cut 1.5" strips and cut into 1.5' by 5.5" strips for the side spacer piece.


I keep these in my three section organizer by my sewing machine

so I can easily sew my daily block.

I sew the first side triangle to the 60 degree triangle

and one of the 2" squares to the trunk section. 

I press outward.

Then I sew the second side on both pieces and press outward.

The I sew the top to the bottom and press toward the trunk.

Then I sew the side piece to the right and press outward.


Maestro likes to help me cut while Katniss likes to cat nap in the kitty bed.

Here is my completed sample block which measures 5.5" square.

Here are my blocks for this week so far.

Yesterday and today it stayed in the 34-39 degree Fahrenheit range,

so I sewed twin blocks with the same fabrics switched trunk to tree top.

My second January row is growing.


Happy Sewing! 


No comments: