Thursday, January 11, 2024

I Like Thursday ~ Julep & Jubilee


 The Wordless Wednesday photo yesterday was a top view of this

Tilda Bit by Bit Stash Builder from Serendipity Woods

which is one of my fabric treasures.

I have had this Fat 16ths bundle in my stash for a long time now

and I have had difficulty unrolling and using it.

I have a nice collection of Tilda fabrics in my stash.

I admit to being a bit of a collector.

Jubilee ~ Tilda Fabrics is celebrating 25 years!

with a special new collection to be released soon.

Your know what this means ... many wonderful new free patterns also coming soon! 


This year I have decided to sew some quilts

 with these beautiful fabrics in my stash,

starting with this plan to make a 2024 Temperature Quilt plan.


I am going to use my Tilda prints for the daily temperature colors.

For the background I will be using the ... 


Kona Color of the Year for 2024, which is Julep. 

I purchased my 

Kona Color of the Year @ Fat Quarter Shop

I love this pretty light green fabric. 


While Katniss cat naps on her favorite bed on my cutting table,

I sewed the first 10 blocks for the year.

The tree top is the high temperature of the day.

The trunk is the low temperature.

These angle pieces are cut with my

EZ Tri Recs Ruler Set @ Fat Quarter Shop

This is a favorite ruler set of mine over the years.

This little pine tree block is easy to make.


The block finishes at 4" by 5.5" and I add a 1.5' by 5.5" spacer piece

to each block on the right as I sew.

Then I am adding each block to the strip.

I think I will make strips of 15 blocks 

and there may be some other small blocks between the months. 

Not all the trees in my quilt will be pine trees.

I am designing as I go with this project, although my quilty muse

 has an image of what we would like the completed quilt to be. 


My long time followers know I started a temperature quilt a few years back.

That one is still in pieces and now in storage.

I am hoping 2024 is the year I complete a Temperature Quilt.

Wish me luck!


For more I Like Thursday thoughts and photos,

visit my friends @ Not Afraid of Color

Happy Thursday! 


My Hugs & Stitches Linky Party is open all month.

Please join in the fun and visit the inspiring links!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

Anne Kirby said...

The picture from yesterday is now my wallpaper, to inspire me throughout the day!! Thank you so much!!

Gretchen Weaver said...

The Tilda fabrics are beautiful! I hope you can keep up with your temperature quilt progress. The trees are a neat idea, happy stitching!

Dorian said...

Good luck finishing it this year my Friend, it looks like it will be a very cute quilt!

Joanne said...

Great post :)
Have fun using all these Tilda in your temperature quilt !