Monday, January 22, 2024

Interrupting My Blog for a Special Notice

 


This is my photo.

If you have seen this photo on Facebook or anywhere else,

my permission was not given for its use.


Imagine my surprise today when I saw this photo

 on a quilting group site on Facebook

with a link not to my blog, but to another quilting site.

I asked them to remove the photo or change the link to my blog post.

So far I have been ignored and this has not happened.

I am hoping it will soon.


I published this photo on June 17, 2019 in the following post:

One Pineapple ~ Two Pineapple 

I made these blocks for the

Pineapple Day Free Quilt Pattern @ Fat Quarter Shop

and shared some of my photos with Fat Quarter Shop for use on their site.

This photo was not one of them.

I am a small blogger affiliate to Fat Quarter Shop.

I have never given any other site permission to use any my Pineapple Block photos.

Fat Quarter Shop never published this particular photo

and I know how respectful and careful they are of other quilter's rights, 

so I know this photo had to have been stolen from my blog.


All photos and text on my blog are mine 

and may not be copied and used without my permission. 

I have changed the settings on my blog 

so that no one can right click on any of my photos 

and save them and use them again in the future.

I have also disabled copying my text.


Thank you to all of you who have always respected my right to own my own photos.


I will continue to enjoy sharing my quilty efforts

 and move on from this unfortunate experience.


Happy Quilting! 




5 comments:

Dorian said...

I'm sorry Pat, how frustrating this must be!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Those pineapple blocks are beautiful! I wouldn't know how to pirate pictures even if I wanted to. It's sad people take credit for someone else's work. I see on some blogs that people have their name on the pictures. I don't know how to do that either but perhaps you can figure it out.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry this happened to you! Very frustrating.
Kathleen - kakingsbury at verizon dot net

Shirley said...

So frustrating if this happens. What can help is put a watermark with your name or website right over the photo’s you post, because people can always make a screenshot, and have the photo that way. But can’t use it if your name is noticeable across the photo.

Frederika said...

Frustrating. That is why i always have my name on the pictures.