Saturday, January 6, 2024

Scrappy Saturday Quilt Start ~ Animal Quilt Challenge 2024


These scrap fabrics landed on my cutting table today to start a new project.



Over ten years ago, I made This Little Blessings Baby Quilt 

for my grand-daughter with this fabric.

I have saved the scraps for a special quilt for another special baby.

Time to sew that special quilt.  

I will have to add more fabrics from my stash to make all the blocks. 

My plan is to make this new quilt sewing along with the ...



Corinne & Cecile 2024 QAL Challenge

A few years ago, I participated in this annual challenge

 and the quilt that resulted is one of my personal favorites.  

So I have decided to try my hand again.

This years theme is an Animal Quilt.

I checked and my choice of animal has been approved. 

I will be making a toddler quilt for my grand-niece who is a year old.

Her nursery and birthday theme and her recent birthday theme was bees.  

I will be using this free Bee Block from the 

Mix and Match Blocks from Tilda's World

and possible the Bird Block and Flower Blocks too for my quilt.

I am not sure of the layout.  

I will let my quilty muse choose the layout as I go. 

The challenge calls for making a quilt with a minimum of 16 blocks.


Hope to have the first block to show you soon!


1 comment:

Dorian said...

This is going to be so cute! I love your fabrics.