Friday, February 11, 2022

Coloring and Stitching and Thinking

 

I have four blocks done for 

The Neighborhood SAL ~ Started Here


This is my block for today.


I am finding this new to me color and stitch project fun.

I think that I want to make a small wall quilt for spring with these blocks.

The fabric in the background I have had in my stash for some time and I pulled it a year or so ago for another project.

I actually did not finish the stitching on the other project.  

Now I am thinking that maybe I might combine all of these into one quilt.

 I will have to complete the bird house blocks

 and then see what my quilty muse envisions. 


Do you ever work on projects just with no clear plan for how you want to finish them?





5 comments:

Chantal said...

Wow! Pat! You're on a roll with these little birdhouses. They are darling cute!
Most of the projects I start have no clear path to the finish line. It's part of quilting I like the most; to be surprised by what happens to the quilt. haha! ;^)

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

They look amazing, Pat. I have these printed off, but seeing yours makes me want to start them this coming week when I get back home. I look forward to seeing what you come up with in finishing them. I was envisioning mine in a quilt as well. Thank you for inspiring to start this project soon. . Have a great weekend.

Dorian said...

Your houses are looking very pretty my friend, so glad you are enjoying the project. Have a lovely day.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I often start embroidery projects without an idea of how I'm going to finish, that's why they often remain in the drawer for several years after finishing the embroidery! You will have a very cute spring mini quilt, happy stitching!

Shirley said...

The tiny birdhouses are so pretty, I’m also doing them with not a clue of what I’ll do with them neither. A small wall hanging or the front of a bag.