Saturday, February 19, 2022

Crocheting Along ~ Block 9 Done


 Block 9 stitched up quickly. 

This is an easy shell pattern that is quick to crochet and fun to do.



The 5th Pattern Stitch of the 

Afghan Sampler Crochet SAL


While Block 9 is drying on my blocking board ...


I am working on the second block in this pattern stitch.

The blocks word up quickly as they are composed of rows of 5 Double Crochet shells with Single Crochets between the shells. The alternating rows have the shells worked into the single crochet in the preceding row.  This make a lovely fan stitch.

I am working on the blocks while the paint is drying on our home improvement project and hope to make more progress tomorrow.

Today there were snow squalls and the ground in dusted in white again.

I has also been very windy and chilly.

I hope you and yours are having a happy and productive weekend.



2 comments:

Chantal said...

Oh! That's a really cute one. You are really plowing through this project. Kudos! ;^)

Gretchen Weaver said...

I really like the shell design. I remember years ago my mother crocheted an afghan for her mother using the shell stitch, it was so lovely! Happy stitching!