Saturday, February 26, 2022

Crochet Square 14 ~ Stitched and Blocked

 


Block 14 worked up quickly for my

 Squares Sampler Crochet Blocks  

This the second block in this bobble stitch pattern for 

7th Pattern Stitch @ The Inspired Wren Crochet Along.


This block is now drying on my blocking board overnight.

It measured very close to 12" but I block all my blocks so they will 

stitch together well when it comes tome to assemble my afghan.

In my last post I said I would talk a little about the adjustments I have made because I am using

which is worsted weight yarn.


In the 


which I am following to make these blocks, the yarn is 

Caron Simply Soft, which is a light weight worsted yarn.
The original pattern also calls for size H - 8 crochet hook
and the blocks measure 9 inches.


My yarn is a thicker worsted weight yarn 
and I am using a Size J

My blocks are measuring 12 inches square.

My block has 17 bobbles per row and 18 rows, as specified in the pattern.

As I started my row with a Foundation Single Crochet (FSC) row,
I did have to make a small adjustment to the instructions:
 I started with 34 FSC, instead of 36 chain stitches.

For my first row I chain stitched 3 chains before starting my first bobble.

When using a FSC start I look at how the rows are turned to determine how many stitches I need to start my pattern. 

I hope this information is helpful to anyone who may wish to follow along with how I am making my afghan.

As with quilting, I always find what works best for me when I crochet and use this as my guide.

May you find what works best for you in your creative place. 

Happy Hooking!




4 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

How pretty and thank you for showing how you block your piece. I have never seen that before.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Blocking the blocks is the best way to make sure they fit together. I like the newest crocheted block. It's so nice you're having so much fun with this crochet along, happy stitching!

Linda said...

Your stitches are so pretty and even! Thanks for the tips on blocking.

Vicki W said...

You are going to have such a lovely blanket!