Monday, February 21, 2022

Squares Sampler Crochet ~ Block # 11 Progress

 

Block 11 for my Squares Sampler Afghan is in progress. 

Today was another "spring is coming" day in the scrapatch and I opened the window for awhile this afternoon, which helped to clear the paint fumes. We are putting a new coat of paint on the bedroom walls.  Home improvement photos soon. Today was a rare Monday holiday for Mr. Scrapatch so we also spent some time out and about and cooking and just enjoying the day.

This pattern stitch calls for alternating two stitches:

Pattern Stitch 6 ~ Moss Stitch/Single Crochet Stripes

I have done the moss stitch before.  I recall making a sage green sweater with dropped sleeves and ribbing on the cuffs when I was in my 20s.  I have no idea what happened to that sweater, but it was a favorite one spring. 

Here is a good video tutorial for how to crochet this stitch:

Moss Stitch Video @ Daisy Farm Crafts

There is a free pattern for a beautiful afghan crocheted in the Moss Stitch:

Modern Moss Stitch Blanket @ Daisy Farm Crafts

I have been exploring this site 

e found many wonderful patterns here: 


 Daisy Farm Crafts

and there is a treasure trove of  free how to videos on the

Daisy Farm Crafts YouTube  

This wonderful site has me dreaming of new projects
 while working on my sampler squares. 

What shall I crochet next, I wonder? 

For now I need to focus on the project at hand: 


Since the afghan squares call for bands of 10 rows in the alternating stitches, I am using this little counter to keep track of what row I am on.  I click the button every time I turn a row.   It had a plastic band to wear it on a finger, but I took the band off a long time ago as I do not like to wear rings. 

You cannot read it but I am on row 35, which is halfway there.

My block will be waiting for me tomorrow.

Time to call it a night.


May you have sweet quilty and stitchy dreams!  



2 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The moss stitch is very pretty, happy crocheting!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh to be opening a window. I just had to pause there and think about that. Enjoy! I have such an urge to be making a sampler afghan like this. I will use these posts for guidance when I do I know. Thanks!!