Thursday, February 24, 2022

I Like Thursday # 125 ~ Stacks and Stitches

 

This stack of quilts has landed on the table in the corner of the living room while we are painting the bedroom.

It makes me smile.

Since it is Thursday I am passing along the things that have made me smile this week with my friends at 

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color

Hopefully these things will make you smile, too. 


I have a stack of crochet blocks to show you, too. 

Progress on my Squares Sampler Crochet Blocks  makes me smile.


This is my 13th Block and it is the first of two blocks in the

7th Pattern Stitch @ The Inspired Wren Crochet Along

It is an easy and fun bobble stitch.


This  spread out stack of books has been my reading this week,

 some I have read before, some are new to me,

although I have read many of the books by Sandra Dallas.

Most have been from the library or were loaners. 

These I purchased from Thrift Books 

where I have found many good books at a good price. 

Shipping is good, too. 

The Persian Pickle Club is my favorite of hers, so far.

Her non-fiction book is new to me and very interesting.

It comes as no surprise that she also write non-fiction because

her research has always made her fiction quite authentic. 

This was one of our treats this week.

They were quickly made and quickly devoured by Mr. Scrapatch, 

who loves chocolate chip cookies.  

I call these easy bar cookies "lazy woman chocolate chip cookies."

These are

Chocolate Chip Pecan Blondies from Once Upon a Chef

I added a drizzle of melted chocolate chips for added goodness.



It is almost spring in New England.

70 degrees one one day and a foot of snow in the forecast. 

We are closing the windows, battening down the hatches

 and getting the shovels ready.  



A stacks of cats!

The kitties say it is time for mommy to make sure we have plenty of cat food 

... and it is time to feed them dinner.


The Kitties and I say, 

"May you and yours stay safe and well 

and may you have a Happy Thursday!"



2 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi! I'm a little late at reading but it's never too late to enjoy likes, is it?!! That stack of crocheted blocks makes me smile, too. So pretty! Chocolate chip cookie bars - I haven't had or made those in ages. My sister used to make them often - that's a happy memory for me. Good grief - the crazy weather continues here, too. It is a La Nina year - I think that explains a lot. El Nino begins in the summer for additional weather fun. Your kitties always make me smile. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

LA Paylor said...

love the sewing books and bars... pass me one while I flip through those books will you?