Thursday, February 17, 2022

I Like Thursday # 124 ~ Hearts & Flowers & Good Things to Eat

 


Welcome to I Like Thursday where once a week my friends and I @

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color

celebrate the things in life, big and small, that bring us joy.

You have probably seen the roses on my Monday post, but they have brought me joy all week so here they are again. Valentine's Day is not a big thing in The Scrapatch but we do like to let each other know we love each other everyday

There were some extra goodies with week.

I experimented and added a cinnamon raisin swirl ... 


... because both Mr. Scrapatch and I love raisin cinnamon toast.


I need to work on making a better swirl in this minimally handled dough but making a plain loaf for sandwiches and a raison cinnamon loaf for breakfast toast is going to become a regular thing here.  Yum!


More yummies were made with this new addition to our kitchen.

This one came boxed with a cookbook and a set of cute measuring spoons. 

It did indeed make yummy mini regular waffles but it has other uses.


I also tried the internet keto phenomenon: The Chaffle! 


This chaffle was made with one egg, 1/3 cup grated Italian Cheese and a sprinkle of cheddar on the bottom and top.  The extra sprinkle of cheese makes it very crispy on the outside and moist and eggy on the inside. 

One egg will make two mini chaffles, so next we tried a chaffle breakfast sandwich by adding a thin slice of deli ham on the second chaffle.  It was quite tasty and with no flour or added butter or oil, a healthy breakfast option. 

I enjoyed this with my morning latte in my new Rose Coffee Mug. 


One last photo of the lovely and useful mini waffle maker gift set. 

These heart shaped spoons have adorable sayings. 

 They are also well made with no burs or sharp edges.

  Oops ... should have wiped my greasy fingerprints off for the close up shot.


There were less healthy yums, too.

These chocolate bars, which my oldest son has found at his local Whole Foods.

These Chocolove Ruby Chocolate Bars are made with

 Ruby Chocolate

At first I thought it was just some kind of fruity flavored white chocolate, but it is actually made with special cacoa beans. 


The plain Ruby is like solid chocolate and it does have a bit of a fruity taste.


Add the passion fruit filling and this is one tasty treat! 

Mmmmmmm! 


In my stitching life, late last night I was very happy to actually complete my seventh block for my 

Squares Sampler Crochet Afghan ~Started Here.

I have been struggling with making a seventh block for a week ... Story Here.


Today it is 60 degrees F outside. The snow is melting and the windows are open in the back of my house.  Kitties and I are very happy to have fresh air blowing in. The breeze is a bit brisk and we are forecast to have rain and high winds tonight but for now ... 

Spring is in the air and I love it!

May you have a Happy Thursday filled with Love. 

<3 



5 comments:

PaintedThread said...

Ooh. Chocolate, waffles, pretty mug. I like all this stuff. Those spoons look fun, too.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

We keep getting hints of Spring here in Colorado, too - then it snows again! Your flowers are beautiful, Pat! And the mini waffle maker looks fun, too. I'm interested to try those Chaffles!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Lots of yummy stuff at your house this week.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I have never heard of a chaffle. Sounds and looks yummy. Your knitted block looks fabulous.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Good morning! Your Monday flowers are GORGEOUS. They have to make you smile just looking at them, knowing you are loved and appreciated very much. The Peasant bread makes my mouth water, as do the waffles. Gosh, I wish I had had a cute little waffle maker like this when my mom was alive. She was a huge waffle lover - it would have been a treat to make them for her. Chaffles!! They sound delicious. Sixty degrees after all that snow - that is amazing. Yay to open windows and happy kitties. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne