Monday, February 7, 2022

Squares Sampler Crochet Afghan ~ Square 6 is Done!

 


My two squares are done for the third pattern stitch in my 


The third pattern stitch in the crochet sampler can be found 

 3rd Pattern Stitch Here @ The Inspired Wren

The original pattern source is for a free baby blanket pattern

Bubbles Baby Blanket Pattern @ Ravelry

This crochet stitch looks more like a "half shell" than a "bubble" to me,

but it is a fun to do and very pretty crochet pattern. 


When I finished the pattern for the first square in this pattern Here

before adding the single crochet border all around the block, the sides of my block were scalloped instead of straight.


For this second block I decided to try only one chain stitch at the end of the rows and this made my sides much more even and it was easier to add the single crochet around the sides of the square. I do not know if this is just because of the way I crochet my stitches, bit it works for me. 


I also do not know if I am doing this stitch correctly.

I placed the pattern stitch, which is a single crochet and two double crochets in the same stitch, into the single crochet stitch.

I know I like the way it looks and it works up to an even 12" square

so I am calling it good.  As with quilting, I do what works for me in my happy place.


Even though this block measured almost a perfect 12" square,

I am blocking it as I have done so for all the blocks

 because I now it will be easier to stitch them together to make the afghan.

Ready to start the squares for the fourth pattern stitch.

All of the patterns and instructions

may be found at


Crochet Sampler @ The Inspired Wren 


Are you joining me in this stitch along? 

I would love to see your blocks? 

Happy Stitching! 




No comments: