Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Sampler Square Crochet Block 7 ~ Reset



After a week of off and on frustration,

I am resetting my effort to make the seventh block for my 

Squares Sampler Crochet Afghan ~Stared Here

I showed the pink version that I started for this pattern last week

Here.

The pink is now a ball of yarn again.

The pattern may be found in the link below:

Squares Sampler SAL ~ Pattern 4 ~ Vertical Ribs

@ The Inspired Wren

There is a video tutorial for this block and I have watched it more than once

 and it did not really help me. 


This time I followed the part to make the vertical rib pattern stitch,

which instructs to place Front Post Double Crochet stitches 

to create texture in the form of vertical ribs

 on a block made stitched in singe crochet. 

The pattern stitch calls for a FPDC followed by thee single crochet stitches. 

This works for me.

What did not work for me was the part about starting and ending the rows.

The pattern also  created nine vertical ribs on one side

and eight vertical ribs on the reverse side.


My block now has eight vertical ribs on each side.

I also start and end my rows with two single crochet stitches.

This is working for me so I will continue to make the gray block.

After I square and block, if it is 12" like my other blocks,

 I will remake the pink version of this pattern stitch in the same manner.

Hope this works.


May you have a happy day of stitching and sewing!