Friday, February 25, 2022

Crochet Squares Sampler Progress ~ Block 13 Reimagined

 


Here is Block 13 for my 

 Squares Sampler Crochet Blocks  

This is a improv of the original pattern:

7th Pattern Stitch @ The Inspired Wren Crochet Along,

which is an easy and fun bobble stitch.

Originally, I had planned to make this block in a solid pink.

 When I Started Here ~ Squares Sampler Afghan,

I had only one skein of each color yarn in my small yarn stash which was several years old.  

After I decided on my colors, I needed to find more yarn,

I had to purchase more yarn and, of course, I could not get the same dye lots.

So if you look close you can see the top three rows of the pink block are a newer brighter version of the same pink. 

After looking at this I decided that I needed to find a way to better integrate the new shade of Petal Pink yarn.



So I pulled out my top five rows and added some light gray and a row of the new pink and a row of the darker Perfect Pink yarn so that all my pinks were featured in this block.


Today it is snowing and I am working on Block 14 in light gray.

I have had several readers comment that they are following my methods in this crochet along for future reference. My next post will be about the adjustments I have had to make to allow for the fact my yarn is not the weight in the original sample quilt.  
which is worsted weight.

May you stay warm and well and safe from the storms of life. 


1 comment:

Gretchen Weaver said...

That is a very pretty block! I like the change of colors and the incorporation of the gray into the block, happy crocheting!