Thursday, April 11, 2019

I Like Thursday # 7 ~ Pansies and Poppies


Is there any flower with a prettier face than a pansy?

If so, I have never seen it in my garden.


It was 60 degrees F and balmy last weekend so I went flower shopping


I filled my window boxes and hung a hanging basket on the plant post
outside my kitchen window.


I also bought a pretty new bird feeder last week when we went for more birdseed.
I like it.
Not sure the birds will like as it is shiny.

The squirrels like it as it has sunflower seeds in it.
The squirrels were having trouble for about ten minutes
trying to get on the feeder because it is round and hard
and has no place to grip and the seed tray is too small.
 In the next minute this guy figured out how to hang off the scrolls on the post
to stretch to the tray.
I took these photos from inside and that photo was too blurry ... sorry
... this will have to do.

You can just see a second squirrel on the flat feeder near the back fence.
That is everyone's favorite feeder.
I hang a flat feeder for the cardinals and all the backyard birds and critters enjoy it.


I also have some poppies in bloom!

It turned cold and rainy for two days
and tonight I have taken down the planters
and covered the poppies in the garden with a sheet
as we will have sub freezing temperatures for a few hours.

This week has been a better one for sewing
Last Thursday I ended up at the doctor's office.
Feeling better this week, but not 100%



I passed the halfway point with my Ventana Quilt Blocks




I am keeping up with this weeks Trinket SAL Challenge Blocks


I am all caught up with my monthly Kitty Blocks Sew Along 


Nutmeg was very helpful sewing and inspecting the kitty blocks.


She approved with a roll and a rub.


... and deemed them nap worthy.
It was time for a break from the cutting table anyway.


Since it was cold Wednesday night
and I had eight small ripe bananas,
I made a lovely Banana Bundt Cake.
The house was filled with the the wonderful scent of baking.
I started with this recipe ...

Banana Cake Recipe @ I Am Baker

I used all-purpose flour as this is what I had.
I added only 1/2 cup melted butter
and added 1/2 cup of sour cream
and an additional 1/2 cup flour when the batter looked too thin.


I baked it 60 minutes in a 350F oven
and I iced it with a thin vanilla glaze.
I like banana cake.
Yum!

Today, my hubby and I are going to the big


I always like this show!

When I get home I will be catching up with all my friends at the


Will tell you all about it tomorrow.

Have a Happy Thursday! 

6 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

I love pansies too! Your flowers are so pretty and love your bird feeder :) and squirrel feeder! Your blocks look great! Have a great week!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! Oh those pansies!! So pretty! Have fun at the quilt show today. I know you will, and I'm glad you are feeling better for the occasion. I love Nutmeg and how he is so helpful. He makes a great inspector! You are really moving along on your Ventana blocks, and they are turning out great. You'll have a quilt top in no time. YUM - I can smell that banana bundt cake through the computer. It looks delicious!! Happy Thursday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love pansies, too - yours are so pretty! We have lots of bird feeders in our yard, and the squirrels are always after them! They're very entertaining to watch, but we're always chasing them away. Your blocks all look great! Enjoy the quilt show!

PaintedThread said...

So many pretty pansies! I really like your Ventana blocks - the fussy cutting is so nice. A lot of bananas in that cake! I bet it's delicious. Hope you had fun at the quilt show!

Suzanne said...

Wonderful "I Like" post...the flowers...the sewing...the fuzzy face kitty! Enjoy the show.

LA Paylor said...

omg the pansies are so pretty and the quilt looked like them! Bright and pretty and interesting. what you have are circus squirrels... little acrobats.