Sunday, April 7, 2019

One Pattern ~ Two Quilts



I seem to be sewing my quilts in pairs this year.

For the






I loved the denim blue sample quilt so I bought the 


I rarely buy kits.
I was pleasantly surprised to find that the cutting instructions
for all the weeks were included in the kit,
so I may be sewing ahead of schedule for once.


I already had the 
which is needed to make this quilt.
It is nice that the book includes projects that are not seasonal.
There are several such projects in the book.


I recently started using these 
to organize my cut pieces.
I really like this method.
Maestro likes them, too.


They are very helpful.
I used to use sticky notes that I wrote myself.
These are quicker and easier
and can be used over and over.


I followed all the easy to follow instructions in the book,
except when I saw those words ... "draw lines."
I like to cut these corners.
No lines, no waiting is my motto.


This is the two color denim blue kit block.


These are my block fabrics for the second quilt.
The white print is the background.
I will use the yellow and blue prints in each of the blocks.


This lovely focus floral will appear in my second quilt, too.

These fabrics are from



These quilts are going to be "His and Hers" sofa quilts.

The Denim Blue one is for my blue loving hubby.

The blue and yellow floral one is for me.

We are bookends ... :-)

What are you working on this weekend?

2 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! Oh, you are tempting me to buy that denim kit myself. What cute fabric! I love how that block is turning out, and I'll bet the whole quilt will be darling. How fun that you are making two quilts at the same time! That is a fun idea. What do you do instead of drawing lines? It looks like a time saver, whatever it is! ~smile~ Roseanne

Teresa said...

You do such precise work and the blocks look great. I looked up the alphabitties to see how they work, and could not find a description. Are they just paper? Do they stick to the fabric?