Friday, April 26, 2019

The Right Katitude


Four Katitide Blocks for four birthday friends.

I cut a few of these and put the in baggies and then follow my own

Katitude Block Tutorial

My personal katitude is a gray today.
It is raining and cold.
The windows are closed.
The heat is on.

I am still waiting for my long arm.



Katniss looks confused and is saying, 
"What is happening here in our favorite room?"

While I am waiting I am packing up and moving out everything in the old sewing room
so there is room to set up my new baby.
This photo was taken late at night a few days ago.
I have since packed all the loose stuff on and in the old left behind youth drawer unit.
It will probably not fit in the room after the long arm is set up.
I have many plastic bins filled with stuff that I hope will fit back into the room somehow.

Yesterday, I stopped by my local quilt shop from which I purchased the long arm.
They have the machine but the frame will not arrive until about May 1st.
I am counting the days.


I did some retail therapy.
I found some aqua fat quarters to add to my meager aqua month scraps
 and this colorful and bright
Quilts & More Summer 2019 Issue
There are a lot of nice projects in this issue.

Liz, the owner gave me the package of Handi Quilter bobbins as a gift while I am waiting
for my new baby to arrive.
I am going to go in for a lesson next week on an Amara 20" as
my skills on loading machine need work.
Sew things are looking up.


It is brighter and happier in my reclaimed dining room sewing corner
and the kitties and I are settling into our new happy place.


Maestro, who just rolls with life says,
"This is all good."


Nutmeg says, "Play with this pretty aqua fabric today.
You will feel sew much better."

Good plan.

We are linking up today with the friendly felines
@
Feline Friday @ Sarah Did It

May you have a happy quilty day today!

2 comments:

O'Quilts said...

This is very exciting...good for you xo

Farm Quilter said...

So frustrating when everything doesn't show up when you expect it. My LA got sent to VA, not WA, so it took an extra few weeks to come across the country to me. Fill that freezer so you don't have to stop to cook so much!!