Wednesday, April 24, 2019

The Eyes Have It




The eyes in this  Pinkerville By Tula Pink fabric
are sew realistic.
This kind of artistic talent always amazes me 
because I do not have the skills to draw.  
I dabbled in oil painting once when I was much younger 
but could not make the paints show what I was seeing.

My quilty muse has helped me to see quilts before I sew them
and sewing a straight line has helped me 
reproduce a reasonable image.
Sew fabric is my medium and quilting is my creative outlet.

My Pinkerville quilt is mostly still in my head
but I am making progress.


This quilt was   Started Here.
It is for a reveal next month 
so I cannot show much more yet.


helpful pressing down the seams of this one.

I only recently started using a clapper and it does help reduce
use of my iron,
which means there is less chance to distort the fabric.

I have been looking for ways to improve my skills
and make my blocks flat and the correct size.


Another helpful tool for this is this

This works wonders to press seams with 
crisp clean ;ones that leave no fabric in the seams.
My blocks have had less distortion and more true to size
since I started using this when finger pressing.

I received this in my



in February and it has been in constant use since then.
It is not something I ever would likely have purchased.
I have received more than a few such items over the past two years 
I have been receiving these surprise packages.
Originally it was a gift subscription,
but now I renew it every year
because I love surprise packages
full of quilty goodies. 
Many others do, too, which is why there is now a waiting list.


April is the start of a new year of Sew Sampler boxes
which means a new yearly BOM pattern is staring.
I cannot show more yet.
Many of you many still be waiting for your boxes to arrive
and I do not want to spoil the surprise.

It has been rainy and foggy and damp here again
with some breaks in the clouds.
Hoping for some sunshine today.

May you have a happy quilty day ... :) 

1 comment:

claudia said...

By far, April's Sew Sampler box is my favorite of all times! That's all I'm saying.

I'm looking forward to the reveal of your quilt next month. I am
fascinated with Tula Pink and Kaffe Fassett Fabrics. I have purchased a fat quarter bundle of Pinkerville. (I also bought one from Kaffe Fassett's line a while back too) I usually don't do that, but it was hard to pass up the deals I got!