Sunday, April 21, 2019

Slow Stitching Family Day



Today is Family Time.
We will be gathering at my younger son's house for his first Easter in his new home.

I will be bringing my 
along with me for to enjoy some stitching with the 
lovely stitchers at 

Slow Sunday Stitching


I got way behind in this stitch-along at one point and although it has
officially ended, I am still slowly stitching.

I took this outside one warm sunny day recently to sit on our yard swing
 and enjoy some lazy swinging and stitching,
but I could not get quite comfortable holding the frame
and my hands tired quickly.



So I have invested in a good wooden lap stand that will support my expanded Q-Snap frame.

This is a Z-Frame from K's Creations

I purchased only the lap stand with no frame.
It is made oak and it is solid without feeling too heavy. 

I can hold a smaller frame  without a stand but the enlarged frame
 was making my wrist very tired
and a lap pillow did not help much.
It just felt awkward.
This frame works very well for two hand stitching.

I am changing up the colors in the floss to make this my own.

As we will be gathered together for several hours
and they are doing the cooking and hosting,
I am bringing my cross stitch with me to keep my hands busy.
I am taking the lap frame, too.

Looking forward to a slow day of family and fun and stitching.




May you and yours have a Happy Easter !

5 comments:

Sherry said...

A very Happy Easter to you. Enjoy your wonderful day with family! Your stitch is coming along nicely.

tealeafquilts said...

I'm doing that cross stitch as well. When I make a mistake, I just press on with it and make it my own.

claudia said...

That sounds like a dreamy Easter Sunday! Enjoy!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! I know you will be enjoying dinner at your son's. How nice that you can bring your stitching along and be spoiled with family at the same time. Happy Easter to you and yours. ~smile~ Roseanne

Suze said...

Pat, I hope you enjoyed your Easter Sunday at the new home of your younger son and got some slow stitching completed.