Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Ventana Quilt ~ Halfway Home


I have half the blocks done for my Ventana Quilt.
Plus 1
I actually have 16 blocks.

Not sure which one I made but did not photograph and count correctly.
It may be the orange one in the second row on the left.

This pattern calls for 30 blocks.

I may add a row to make it 6 rows of 6 blocks.

Looking at these, I am thinking I need more yellow and light blue or aqua blocks.

I have just been pulling whatever Fat 8th or Fat Quarter appealed
to me and cutting and sewing. 
Time to start using the design wall and think about color placement. 

This is the pattern ... 
Ventana Quilt Pattern @ Alison Glass

It is foundation paper piecing.
The pieces are large, though, so it is a very easy FPP pattern.


and I am really enjoying fussy cutting and sewing these blocks.


Here are today's  blocks,
 #15 and #16


I also completed my three Things 2 Blocks
for the #trinketsal challenge today. 

It has been rainy and chilly the last few days.

Good days to stay in and sew.

I am hoping for sun tomorrow.

May you have a happy quilty night. 


No comments: