Tuesday, April 16, 2019

My Quilting Adventures ~ Making Room ~ Day 1


Maestro says, "What is Happening Here?" 


Me: " I know, Maestro. There is something big going on.
We have to make room for the big new addition to our tiny little home.
Do not worry.  
Your humans are not going anywhere .
No new cats are moving in.
No cats will be left behind.
Life is good." 


Maestro:  "But, Mommy, where is my favorite ironing board nappy place?"

Me: I moved it to the dining room again." 


Maestro: " Mommy, where is the sewing machine?
I want to play with the bobbins." 

Me:  " In the dining room again." 


Maestro: "Mommy, there is stuff all over the cutting table that does not belong.
I want to play in the fabric!" 

Me: "In a few days, that cutting table will be gone, too."


Maestro: "What!?  You are disrupting my happy sewing room.  
Well, I can just claw this fabric cube.
At least that is familiar."
Me:  "Maestro, you know mommy does not want you shredding the fabric storage cubes.
Look what you and your sisters have done to the one next to it." 


Maestro:  "Why?
Things were good the way they were."

Me:  "Things will be good again. 
Even Better. 
Soon we will have a nice big long arm in this room
with a soft fluffy quilt in the making."

Maestro: "Can I sleep on it?"

Me: " I would rather you did not although I think I will not win that cat fight.
So ... well ... okay.
As long as you do not scratch it!"


Maestro, turning her back on me: 
"Open this window.
The sun is nice and I want to watch the birds.
What are these flowers doing here?
They are blocking the view!"

Me:  " It is too windy right now. I will open it later if it is warmer.
The flowers are my new sewing room window boxes and I like them.
They are staying. Get used to it." 


Me, in the dining room looking at my old sewing corner,
soon to be my new, revised sewing corner and thinking: 

"This is going to take a little getting used to.

How am I going to fit this all in my little house?

It will be better.

It will be much better.

I will make it all work!

I think I need to add a window box full of pansies outside
my new old sewing window.

Pansies always make me smile.

As does petting the kitties.

Me:  "Afternoon rest time, kitties!  Come to Mommy."
I opened the window." 


Maestro and Nutmeg:  "Thanks, Mommy."

Tonight I will uncover my sewing machine 
and sew some easy blocks. 

More making it all work soon ... :) 

4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It will be so exciting for everyone soon.

Teresa said...

Looks great!

Sherry said...

Thoroughly enjoyed seeing your work areas. I have been down the "making room for a long arm road" and it is a bit of a challenge and change but oh so worth it. I am looking forward to hearing more about your new set up and how the kitties are adjusting. They do get set in their ways. I also think a pansy window box would be nice to view in the new old window space. Have a great day!

claudia said...

It is a true battle finding the space! I found that as soon as I had the entire loft of my house for my sewing crafting necessities, there was just not enough space. It's something I am dealing with right now. Love the pansies outside your window. YES!!! SPRING!!!