Thursday, April 4, 2019

I Like Thursday ~ #6


The first bloom of Spring. 
I watch for the first one every year.
That first purple crocus that declares all is right in my world.

This one bloomed not where I was watching.

It bloomed on the other side of the yard where we have never planted bulbs.

I suspect that one of those pesky squirrels that are always digging up my bulbs and plants relocated this one to a spot under the tree where they have their nest. 

May they leave this little garden to grow.

Sometimes you just have to look for beauty where you do not expect it.

Just have to keep your eyes open and your heart full.

It has been a good week.


My machine is humming happily along after her visit to the spa.
These are   Triangles on a Roll
This is my new favorite way to make Half Square Triangles.
Drawing lines on the back of fabric is my least favorite thing to do when quilting.
Sometimes I cut the squares in half and chain piece.
I love the easy convenience and accuracy of these papers, though. 
More of what I am making with these pieces tomorrow.


I reconnected with a few of the online quilters I swapped with years ago 
and we are swapping again.  This makes me happy
Our first swap is this scrappy heart block.  


I really like this block.


I started a new read,  


I am only a few pages in and have never read this author before 
so I have not formed an opinion yet.


Last weekend we visited my sister-in-law and her husband in CT.
I was nice to relax and nosh and talk.
There was even a bit of Quilt Shop Fun on the way home. 


Despite the fact the kitties were well taken care 
as our son stopped in on Saturday to give them dinner and pet them,
they have been particularly "helpful" and following me 
around to make sure I do not disappear on them.
Nutmeg says, "Don't leave me again!"


 I do not know how Maestro managed to get under the fabric.


Katniss tries to supervise them but it is quite a task.

The kitties and I are happy it is Thursday.

 We  will be visiting my new friends 

I like Thursdays ... :-) 

7 comments:

LA Paylor said...

I just wrote a whole comment that disappeared... grrr.... well, I like your likes and the kitties are so cute, great snoopervisors. Love that method of HST's and also don't enjoy marking the fabric, gotta get some papers too. I like the square approach better than the long papers. I reviewed that book for Frances and quite like her style and characters, hope you do too!LeeAnna

Jean said...

Enjoyed reading your post! We get random flowers popping up in our yard all the time from the squirrels and birds. I had plans to relocate a few surprise flowers today but we're getting lots of April showers so my plans changed. Such cute cats. Hope you are having a great Thursday so far!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the crocuses, too - and I agree that when you see them start blooming, all is right with the world! I've been wanting to read that book. I listen to her podcast "Friendship Album, 1933," and it's very enjoyable! Love your cat photos - and I would say it's always nice to be missed!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

The crocus is pretty. I am trying to figure out how I have sprouts coming up all over the place, not where I remember planting anything.

Suzanne said...

Great scrappy block. I am glad to get to know you through Instagram and blogs. Sweet fuzzy face family!

Quilting Tangent said...

Enjoy the Spring blooms, I only have pussywillow. Keeping my eyes open for other signs.

PaintedThread said...

Your scrappy heart is pretty. Triangles on a roll look interesting!