Monday, January 3, 2022

Christmas Candy Crochet Sampler ~ Stripe 2 Done

 


Day 3 of 2022 found me still working on the second stripe of the

Christmas Candy Crochet Sampler

This stitch is a HDC (Half Double Crochet) variation.


After watching the same small section of the instruction video a few times and starting this row over, I almost mastered the stitch. It is a stitch that I believe I had done over 40 years ago but I can not quite recall.  After I got the stitch placement down, I found I had picked up several extra stitches in the row.



After pulling it out again and completing the rows for this narrow red stripe

I checked my gauge and it is spot on. 

One of the things I really like about crochet is that there is only one stitch on the hook at a time so if you have to take out and fix stitches, it is easy to do.  There are only 136 stitches in the rows for this project, so this is not very time consuming to pull it out and and get it right.

On to Stripe 3 in Clover green tomorrow!  

I am a contented crocheter tonight.

Do you crochet? 


2 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I'm excited to watch your progress on this afghan. I don't crochet but my mother did. She had an afghan in progress all the time. Happy crocheting!

Linda said...

What pretty stitches! Yes I am a crocheter, though not often enough. I started when I was in my mid twenties and was a whiz at it. I could even talk on the phone by holding it between my shoulder and ear while I crocheted! Now I can't even keep count of one row. Not getting the stitch count right is my biggest problem!
You are doing a beautiful job!