Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Squares Sampler Afghan ~ First Pattern Blocks done!


 
I have completed the second block of the first block pattern


Crochet Squares Sampler ~ Block 1 Pattern 

for the 

 Here is the main page for this crochet sampler: 

Crochet Sampler Crochet Along @ The Inspired Wren

I crochet much faster than I sew. 

This is also a pattern stitch that I have done long ago.

It is called the "Rib Crochet Stitch."


This is a baby afghan that I made over 38 years ago for my second baby in the rib pattern stitch.


It was part of a set that included this zipper sweater bag 
which was made in a different stitch. 

My second baby was born in November in a cold climate so he needed to be bundles up in the baby carriage when hid older brother went out to play on the snow. 

This set also cuddled and warmed my baby girl and her baby girl.

I gave away most of the things that I made so long ago, but this was a keeper.

Mayne someday it will warm a new baby somewhere.

 I am happy to crocheting again.


What are you working on?

My Stitch Sew and Show Linky Party will be back tomorrow.

See you then ... :) 



1 comment:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I love seeing your yarny projects. Working with wool in the winter season is just so fitting. I knit Tony an afghan years ago that was different patterns for each square. He still enjoys it every winter. I'm going to have a look at those links you shared. Happy Hooking!