Thursday, January 13, 2022

I Like Thursday # 119 ~ I Like Smiles

 


Good  Morning and Welcome to I Like Thursday!

This is my 119th post for 

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color

where every week we share the things that make us smile. 

The above photo is of my progress on my  Sampler Squares Crochet Afghan .

I am stitching the first block of the 


Block Design 2 ~ Basketweave Blocks

I have done this block before. 

If you are unfamiliar with this, here is a good video tutorial:

Basketweave Crochet How-To Video @ Happy Berry

There is an interesting fact check in this video. The video is from the UK, where what I in the USA call a "Double Crochet" is called a "Treble Crochet."  I knew this once but had quite forgotten the difference in the terminology on opposite sides of the pond.  I hope to finish this block and start the second today.


Here is another project that makes me smile.  

Embroidery Kit from Gingiber

that I received as a gift. 


 Someone must have seen me working on 

This Improv Quilt in her "Words to Live By" fabric 

and knew it would make me smile.


The embroidery image is pre-printed so I am hoping I can see to stitch it.

I am adding two blues to the original colors in the kit as I hope to make a pillow to go with my quilt.  I hope to have both of these projects finished in 2022.


My daughter sent me this photo and it gives me a big smile.

My grand-darling is under the quilt in the above photo playing with her tablet.

Here is the link with the story of: This Old Quilt.

Everly's chosen quilt was ripped and shredded and the batting was coming out ... again. This time I was not there to help fix it.  So my daughter did.  She went to her local Joann's and found a new blue calico for the backing and new batting.  She went online and even found three yards of another ten year old fabric in the top. Then she patched and she quilted and she made the quilt larger by adding border in the new, old fabric.


Here is an enlarged photo of the old and the newly found fabric. You can see how much the blue fabric on the left has faded from the many washings. It was once the same color as the fabric on the upper right.  We know it is the same fabric, because I had found a scrap of the stuff in my stash that had the selvage information on it which helped my daughter to find a match on ebay.


Here is a photo of my beautiful grand-darling, bedhead and all, peeking out from under her quilt shortly before my daughter fixed it.  You can see how frayed the old binding was. 

Here is another photo of the newly fixed and enlarged quilt.

Everly is still under it ... her favorite place to be.

These photos makes my heart happy.  <3 


This book made me smile.  I read it and passed it on as a gift to a friend.

This book is self-published by an elderly man and it is an internet phenom.

Read the story of the man and her poems Here.

I like poems. 


I like Wordle.

Three days ago, I discovered Wordle from a friend on FB.  

I am three for three and I am hooked.

Here is the link to play online 

Wordle

I like words.


Thank you for reading my words today.

May you have a Happy Thursday!


4 comments:

Mayte said...

Buenas noches, aqui son las 20.00 y antes de sacar a Shiro a pasear te escribo, me tienes que decir que ciudad de la costa vives, así yo poder verla, has visto mi ciudad al lado Mediterraneo, me alegra que te guste.....

Tu manta de ganchillo te va a quedar muy bonita, ese punto es precioso.
Tu nieta es muy linda y te va a quedar la colcha de maravilla...¡¡¡¡

Un saludo¡¡¡¡

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Neat crochet, good to know, I will file the info about UK in the back of my wee brain now. LOL Great embroidery piece too. Oh the quilt is so well loved, how great that the daughter would tackle fixing it and making it bigger.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! Aww, your grand-darling is adorbs and really enjoying that quilt. That just warms your heart, doesn't it?!! I gosh, I just LOVE Wordle. I am definitely hooked. One time - ONCE - I guessed the word in three guesses. That'll never happen again. HAHA! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

PaintedThread said...

I love that you found the matching fabric! Yay for that quilt. I've just found out about Wordle, too. I swear, EVERYONE is doing it! :-)