Saturday, January 22, 2022

My Local Quilt Shop ~ Fabric Love


Who loves free fabric? ~ I love free fabric!

For Christmas, Mr. Scrapatch went to my local quilt shop 
and bought a gift card that also included the bonus of a card
 that lets me choose one yard of free fabric per month.  

What a guy! 



 For "Local Quilt Shop Day" I visited my favorite LQS:

Bits n Pieces Quilt Shop in Pelham, NH

I have been shopping here since it was a tiny place across the street with no long arm machines.  I remember shopping its moving sale when I came home with bolts of fabric that were $2.00 per yard.  Some of them are still in my closet finding ways into my quilts.

It is always a bit cluttered with bolts of colorful fabric stacked everywhere

 and full of fabric treasures waiting to be found.

It feels like home. 

Bits n Pieces, by the way, is one the quilt shop where I always see two or three men wandering the narrow aisles. Today was no exception. 

It is that kind of place. 

This is my progress last year on 

My Kingfisher Quilt

There are quite a few of the $2.00 per yard BnP moving sale fabrics in the hexies. 

It was set aside at the end of summer for other projects. 

I have been putting in a few stitches here and there

to make more folded hexies for this quilt.

When I saw this Hummingbird Heaven Fabric from Studio E 

I decided it would be perfect to add to my floral fabrics and hexies.

There are free quilt patterns for this line in the link above.


One free pattern is this easy and beautiful panel quilt:

Hummingbird Heaven Free Pattern Here

If you would like a kit for this quilt:

Bits n Pieces has this Hummingbird Heaven Quilt Kit Here



I loved these pink and yellow nasturtiums. 
It is true hummingbirds love nasturtiums because I have seen them feasting on the nectar of the ones in my windowboxes in late summer. 

Hummingbird Heaven Here


I hope you had a happy Local Quilt Shop Day! 

2 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Haven’t been inside a quilt shop in quite a while. Hopefully soon though. So I loved this look at your finds and how they are working thei way into your projects. That Mr. of yours is definitely a keeper!

Gretchen Weaver said...

That fabrics will make lovely hexies to fussy cut! Bits N Pieces sounds like a wonderful quilt shop, happy stitching!