Sunday, January 30, 2022

Snow ~ The Day After

 


The Day After The Snow

This is what greeted us out our backdoor this morning.

We had to push the drifts away from the back door to get it open enough for

 Mr. Scrapatch to squeeze out. Going out the front door was not an option.

The snow was even deeper against the door on the north side of the house.


Katniss claimed the table view.


Maestro claimed the window basket. 

Nutmeg was still under the quilts. 

The kitties were waiting for birdie-vision.

The birdies were waiting for breakfast. 


Mr. Scrapatch plowed to the shed and then to the feeders.


The birdies emptied the feeders as fast as they could.


Mr. Scrapatch dragged and pushed the snow blower around most of the day.

When he got to the front he was surprised to find that one of our neighbors had used his larger snow blower to cut through the deep snow at the end of our driveway and cut a path up our front walk.  What a kind thing to do for us.

I  helped shovel the porches a little, but I mostly stayed indoors and crocheted, 

heated soup, made bread and kept the home fires burning.

It was just another day in the scrapatch.

I hope you and yours had a safe and happy weekend.


6 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, my you got hit pretty good. We had about an inch but the high winds blew about a foot into the walk ways and lane, so shovelihg and plowing most of the day.

Dorian said...

Lots of snow!! I'm glad you got to stay indoors and keep the fires burning, and the food warmed and welcoming. Shoveling snow is hard work! Glad you all are safe, have a great day.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Sounds like you were warm and comfy inside! We're supposed to get 8" - 10" this week. I don't need to go anywhere so let it snow!

O'Quilts said...

Wow...I forgot where you live...That snow is something else xo

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! WOWEE! How much snow did you end up with? I am so glad to hear your neighbor lent a hand. I actually felt anxious for you not being able to get out, if need be. I sure hope for a slow warm-up and slow melt! My first year in a new house we had a blizzard. The furnace stopped running because the snow was so high, it covered the fresh air intake pipes. I bundled up to go clear the snow away and then realized I had no idea where they were!! After trying in a few spots, I had to mentally stop and think about what the summer planting beds looked like. The north side of our neighbor's house had snow up to the second floor! Stay safe and warm. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Natureluvr57 said...

Glad you could stay in crafting. Snow is pretty to look at but that's the only nice thing I can say about it. It is better than ice which we had one day. I'm always jealous of those who are happy they can stay indoors to get quilting, embroidery, etc done. Only one neighbor helped snowblow my drive but that was years ago. We're getting rain today which means it will freeze tonight when the temp dips and the rain changes to snow. We're supposed to get two snow storms, one Wed and one on Thurs. I cancelled my oil change because I'll be busy shoveling. I bought a small battery op snowblower but if the snow is deep I have to go really slow and then I go over the drive and sidewalks to get that little layer of snow that isn't blown away. Good thing I have 4 of the batteries because two doesn't finish the job. It was warm today so the feral cats didn't want to go into the shed when it was getting dark. I know at least 3 are in there so the other 2 will have to cuddle up in a dog house or the plastic greenhouse I put a little bed in on the top shelf. They have 2 pet heating pads in the shed they can share or extra beds but they don't understand the temps will be dropping very low tonight. It's time to move where there's no extreme heat or extreme cold wherever that place is. Have fun crafting