Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Stitch Sew & Show 2022 ~ Week 2

 


Welcome to Week 2 of 2022! 

I found my fabric for my Pantone Color of the Year 2022 project! 

It turned out that last year I pulled it out of my big closet and stashed it in a cube in the storage unit right near my sewing machine.  I have wanted to make this for a long time.  The fabric is probably about ten years old.


Originally I bought fabric yardage, as is what is left on the right, at my local quilt shop and used a some of it in a quilt. Then I decided I had to have more of the collection and called them up and the collection was sold out except for this wall hanging kit. I asked her to put it aside for me, which is why it says "For Pat" written on the bag, and I picked it up the next time I was in the shop. It was even on clearance sale at the time.  It is always good to have friends in local quilt shops. 


As I have big blue hydrangeas in my yard, I have always wanted to make a quilt in these colors. I am currently working on a different sewing project, but this one has moved up the queue. This is the year

I am also currently working on my Sampler Squares Crochet Afghan when I just need to sit, rest and keep my hands busy.


What are you working on?

Please Share! 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The hydrangea quilt is going to be beautiful! I can't wait to see you start, happy stitching!

Mayte said...

BUENOS DIAS, tus hortensias son preciosas y te va a quedar un trabajo muy bonito, tu manta de cuadrarados simples afganos me ha encantado¡¡¡, yo estoy con un amigurumi, veremos que sale, voy sin patron,ya que la voy a vestir con el traje oficial de Alicante¡¡

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I adore my hydrangeas that I have here in the garden. A quilt celebrating them would be awesome and in those gorgeous shades of periwinkle too.

Carol Andrews said...

Perfect fabrics for your Hydrangea Quilt. So pretty 😄