Monday, January 10, 2022

Monday Morning ~ Brrrr!

 


Monday Morning ~ Cold, Sunny, Windy ~ Yarn!

I am on the second block in the

 Crochet Squares Sampler ~ Block 1 Pattern

and I have chosen this dusty gray yarn. This was not in my yarn bag as that was for pastel granny squares,  I had a few more odd skeins in my small yarn stash. 

I have decided I want to make a pink and gray

 Squares Sampler Afghan ~ Started Here.

As it is bitterly cold outside, it is a good day to stay in and sit and crochet.

I've got my yarn (and my long underwear and thermal knee socks) to keep me warm ... and my lap cat ...or two or three.  As I have only one lap, they must take turns.


This is my lap Katniss.  

Katniss says, "No disturbing the Kat, I am cozy here under the fleece blanket."

Yarn Colors ~ Plan A

I have two pinks and two grays in my

  Red Heart Super Saver Worsted Weight Yarn.

These colors are "Dusty Gray, Perfect Pink, Light Gray and Petal Pink" from left to right.  I do not have enough of these to make the sampler afghan.  I have to make the choice or adding more colors or buying more gray yarn. 


Yarn Colors ~ Plan B

I have a few skeins of white, so if I add this to the pink and gray, I should have enough to complete the afghan.  I may still need more pink as one of the skeins was not complete. 


Yarn Colors ~ Plan C

I have one and a half skeins of this pretty aqua called "Aruba." 

I think that I am liking these colors together. 


Yarn Colors ~ Plan D 

If I go with these colors, I am pretty sure that I have all I need.
I am feeling very unsure about the white, though.

Right now I am leaning towards Plan A or Plan C.
I may see if I can find more light gray yarn.

Decisions ... decisions ??

Which would you choose? 



3 comments:

Julierose said...

I like the white, pink and gray together a lot...I am searching for my crochet hook today...{in between resting my sciatic nerve on the heating pad--ouch!!}. I think I'd really like to try this ...I'll need to see what color(s) I have on hand as this is a "no buy--use it up" year for me ;000 Hugs, Julierose

Vicki W said...

I absolutely love C and D. The aqua and white really sparks up the whole palette.

Dorian said...

I'm loving these colors Pat. I am not sure though, if I would leave the white out... or not... lol. I think it will look good either way. Have a great day.