Monday, January 31, 2022

Crocheting Along

 


I have finished the center of square five which is Bubble Baby stitch square one

for my Sampler Squares Crochet Afghan

I still have to put the single crochet edges stitches all the way around this block.

I had a bit of difficulty with the fact that the edges of the row are scalloped.

I kept wanting to add an extra bubble at the end of the rows to make it look even.

The border stitches will hopefully make the sides of my block straight.

I am not sure I have done this stitch exactly the same as in the sample block:



The third pattern stitch in the crochet sampler can be found 

 3rd Pattern Stitch Here @ The Inspired Wren

The original pattern source is for a free baby blanket pattern

Bubbles Baby Blanket Patter @ Ravelry

I do think my stitches look like the ones in the sample quilts here.

Anyway I like the stitch as I have done it and will be making the second block the same way. 


I think I have decided to limit my yarn colors to these two pinks and two grays. 


This little kitty has not been feeling well and had to go to vet last week. 

It was nice to see her come into the living room and sit with me as I stitched.

Hopefully this is a sign that she is well on the mend.


May you and yours stay well and safe.

Happy stitching. 



1 comment:

Chantal said...

Oh! I love this stitch. So much texture yet it looks so soft. It will be a nice blanket all pink and grey. Sorry to hear your little kitty wasn't feeling so good. Hope all is well now. ;^)