Thursday, January 6, 2022

I Like Thursday # 118 ~ I Like Thursday

 


I Like "I Like Thursday."

This is my 118th post for 

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color

I made this image soon after I started participating.

I may not have been able to post every Thursday,

 but long ago this became the focal post of the week for my blog.

I have made wonderfully supportive friends who always try to find the good things in life to share even when we our hearts are torn or heavy. 

This year I hope to be more "present" in my posts and comments

in appreciation for this community.


This week has found me playing with my yarn.

I have lots of fabric stashed but only this bag of worsted yarn and another small box of light weight yarn. 

I made a small project with these a few years ago and then started making granny squares, but as you can see, I did not get very far with this endeavor. At the time, sewing and quilting was my main daily creative endeavor. This year I picked up the crochet hooks again.


I have completed work on the 1st Month Kit of the 

I started this project on Day 1 of 365 

and hope to have my finished

 Christmas Candy Striped Sampler Afghan 

complete by the end of 2022. 

I have brought out my big bag of yarn today because I am thinking to make a second one of these in this pastel rainbow of yarns. I am finding crochet a fun and relaxing pastime this year as I process and navigate my health issues. If you have not read about this, it is in the link above of my first post of the year. 

After reading LeeAnna's Post, I am editing to add the recipe I made yesterday ...


Ham an Cheese Quiche Recipe @ Delish

It was delish! 


This used up leftover ham and cheese ...

... and an extra crust from my holiday making.

This recipe is so easy to make. 

I have made variations of this recipe using up whatever leftovers are in my fridge.

Enjoy! 


Since I am trying to post every day again this year, I hope to post every Thursday.

It is a new year and anything is possible.

I welcome the new year and all that it shall bring.

I shall look for the positive.

I am hopeful.

I am also grateful for those who share their life with me.

Thank You, Friends.

May you have a Happy Thursday! 




3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I always enjoy seeing your posts. Think tomorrow I will make a quiche.

PaintedThread said...

That quiche looks yummy!

Vicki W said...

I love your granny squares and the Christmas afghan is going to be beautiful!