Thursday, January 27, 2022

I Like Thursday # 121 ~ Life in the Scrapatch

 


Hello, My Thursday Friends
 

I have been baking, crocheting, reading and petting my kitties.

My newest creation in the kitchen used up some very ripe bananas 
and I decided to add some texture by crushing up some multibran flakes
and some additional flavor and moistness with unsweetened applesauce:

Branana Bread

  • 4-5  medium (about 2 cups mashed)

  • 2/3 cup butter, unsalted or salted, melted

  • 1 cup crushed bran flake cereal

  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce

  • teaspoon baking soda

  • cup sugar 

  • large eggs, beaten

  • teaspoon vanilla extract

  • 3 cups all-purpose flour 


  • Makes two medium size loaves, 3" by 7.5."  Prepare pans by lining with parchment paper. 
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  • Melt butter and stir in crushed bran flakes to soften. 

  • Mash bananas with a fork in medium mixing bowl. Add beaten eggs, vanilla and applesauce and stir with fork until well combined.  Add sugar, flour and baking soda and stir just until combined.  Stir in melted butter and bran flakes until just combined. Spread into two prepared baking pans and sprinkle with a little sugar.  Bake for about 55-60 minutes at 350 degrees.  Check with toothpick.  If still sticky in center, cover loosely with foil and bake until tests done. Remove from pan after about five minutes and finish cooling on racks.

I enjoyed a warm slice with cream cheese. 

This will also toasts nicely the next day. 


In other news, I am now wearing the sensor that goes with this high tech data and messaging device for the next thirty days.  I will go about my usual life in the scrapatch while this collects information to help my doctors try to figure out what is happening in my health. The ECG device is actually very easy to wear.  There is only a small bandaid type patch with a pin box size sensor on my chest. I can take showers as usual and it does not feel uncomfortable when I am sleeping.

I shall just be taking life one stitch at a time like I always do.

May all be well with you and yours.

Happy Thursday! 

3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your banana bread sounds delicious, Pat! I hope the heart monitor gives you good information that help your doctor help you. Take good care!

Anonymous said...

That monitor has come a long way since the one time I had to wear one! Your branana bread sounds delicious. I need to look for bran cereal before I make it though. I'll be saving the recipe. Thank you.
Kathleen -- kakingsbury at verizon dot net

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your banana bread looks yummy. Hope wearing the monitor helps them figure out what is going on. When the great uncle was alive he had this thing which was about the size of an old tape recorder to carry around and sensors all over his body.