Monday, March 28, 2022

Moda Blockheads ~ Block 1


My first block for Moda Blockheads 4 is done! 

Today was the first time since crochet took over my crafting life that I uncovered my sewing machine and sewed. It felt good to be back in my happy quilty place. My sewing machine was happy and humming along. 

This free block pattern may be found here:

 Moda Block Heads 4 ~ Week 1

Here is the link for the .pdf for this block: 




These are the fabrics that I have pulled from my stash for this project. 

To help decide where I wanted to place my colors and fabrics 

for these blocks, I like to see all the 


Moda Blockheads Block 1 ~ Cover Studies @ Robin Pickens Blog

In the end, I followed my own muse. 


I also followed my own method and used my corner trimmer to cut off the extra triangles before I sewed.

I am happy with how this block has worked up.

The second block will be up on Wednesday.

To see all the beautiful blocks go to the 


Moda Blockheads Facebook Group


Are you sewing along with Moda Blockheads 4 

or saving the patterns 

or just enjoying the blocks ?


5 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I have my blocks cut out will probably sew them tomorrow. I read the Robin Pickens post on color theory it was very informative. Nice to see you sewing, even though your crochet is fabulous too.

Chantal said...

I saved the pattern for later. Love your rendition of block 1. Well done. ;^)

Dorian said...

Hi Pat, it's always nice to come back to quilting, after stopping for a bit. Glad you enjoyed getting out your fabric and uncovering the machine. I am not sewing along, but I do enjoy seeing your blocks.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Love that rainbow in the middle!!! Cute block!

Linda said...

Your fabrics are looking wonderful in that block! Nice fussy cutting, and I really like that pattern, I'll have to download it.